To stimulate, encourage and challenge the child whilst providing a kind, trusting home from home environment based on Christian values. With a strong belief in community, the child will be equipped to cope and succeed in the world beyond Ashdown.
To meet this aim, we need to:
- offer a broad and fulfilling education both academically and through a diverse and varied extra-curricular programme;
- provide outstanding teaching and learning opportunities within the classroom and beyond;
- provide outstanding coaching, care and guidance to ensure the development of pupils in all aspects of school life;
- encourage high standards of behaviour, conduct and courtesy to one another and promote a strong sense of community based on trust and kindness towards others;
- build every child’s self-confidence and self-belief through praise, encouragement and equal opportunities in all aspects of school life;
- make school life an extension of all the positive aspects of home and family life;
- review and appraise the systems needed to keep up to date with current legislation and the needs of all members of the school community;
- communicate regularly and freely with parents and guardians to foster the spirit of partnership in the wider community.